This post was originally written by Jennifers for SAS Analytics University forum.
If you have 32-bit operating system installed on your hardware and you try to install the SAS University Edition via Virtual Box on this OS, you receive the error "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU."
Follow the steps below to workaround this problem :
- Close Virtual Box and, when prompted, select Power off the machine and click OK.
- Highlight your SAS University Edition virtual machine and select Settings.
- On the General tab, change the Version: to 64 bit OS. Click OK to apply these changes.
- Ensure that your Operating System: now says it's a 64 bit version.
- Now start your SAS University Edition virtual machine.